Wednesday, 5 November 2014

Charity Projects

Life has been busy so unfortunately crafting has taken a bit of a back seat recently. However, I have found some time to work on a few charity projects for my favourite local charity: Emily's Star.


The scottie dog cardi is another Emily Cardi, this time in DK, making it the larger 5lb size.

I used all the scrappy bits of yarn from previous projects to make a little incubator sized blanket, again using DK.

And I finished off this set with a preemie kimono-style dress/robe. It is made with organic quilting cotton and lined with a super-soft flannel. The shoulders and front are fastened with plastic kam snaps, allowing for easy dressing of tiny/very poorly babies.

Having posted a photo of the kimono on my Facebook page and receiving lots of positive feedback, I decided to do a little redrafting and make a few more.



The fronts on these kimonos overlaps a little more and some of the front fastenings have ribbons with concealed kam snaps.

They are so simple and quick to whizz up, I am sure I will be making more of in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment