Saturday, 19 July 2014

Favourites: KID shorts

Ever since purchasing this pattern, KID shorts have been a firm favourite in our family. This week I topped up the little guy's wardrobe with a couple more pairs to wear in this crazy heat... we've had temps of 30+ degrees in England this week!



The pattern is pretty simple and so quick to sew up. Dana gives heaps of ideas for variations,  including elasticated or flat front, boy's and girl's lengths and racer style, and the option of front pockets.  And because these shorts have such clean lines, it's easy to customise and add your own twist. Here are boy's shorts in herringbone twill, with some simple cargo style pockets that I drafted.




And to these red brushed-denim shorts I added back pockets, with a letter 'A' topstitched on each. I kept it subtle and used matching thread,  so you may not be able to see in the picture. But take my word for it, they are such a cute finishing touch!



No comments:

Post a Comment