Sunday, 15 June 2014

Sunshine dungarees

When my nephew was born I tried out this dungaree pattern from the book 'Making Baby's Clothes' by Rob Merret. Although they don't look that great laid out or on the hanger (I don't think dungarees ever do), they looked cute on. So I decided to make up a pair for a colleague's new son, Jack.


The fabric is a lime and lemon stretch herringbone twill that I picked up as a remnant from minerva crafts. I used yellow snaps and added facing and snaps along the inseam for easy nappy changing.


I wanted these dungarees to be pretty plain (the last pair were a bit too busy for a tiny person) so I stuck with just one front pocket and a lining fabric with a larger print... quilting cotton with large stars.


1 comment:

  1. Very cute!!! I love this style of rompers! Thank you so much for linking up to the party! http://www.sewingmamaraeanna.com/2014/06/romper-week-kick-off.html

    ReplyDelete