Sunday, 15 June 2014

Sunshine dungarees

When my nephew was born I tried out this dungaree pattern from the book 'Making Baby's Clothes' by Rob Merret. Although they don't look that great laid out or on the hanger (I don't think dungarees ever do), they looked cute on. So I decided to make up a pair for a colleague's new son, Jack.

The fabric is a lime and lemon stretch herringbone twill that I picked up as a remnant from minerva crafts. I used yellow snaps and added facing and snaps along the inseam for easy nappy changing.

I wanted these dungarees to be pretty plain (the last pair were a bit too busy for a tiny person) so I stuck with just one front pocket and a lining fabric with a larger print... quilting cotton with large stars.

Friday, 6 June 2014

Quickie Quilt

A colleague of mine has just become a daddy, so last weekend I whizzed up a little pram/car-seat quilt.

Precision is not one of my strong-points so I used my favourite quilt-cheat: white sashing. Not only does it hide a multitude of sins when it comes to piecing and alignment, but the white also makes the colours in the print fabrics really pop!

Being such a simple project, there isn't much else left to say, except... welcome to the world Baby Jack!