Monday, 5 May 2014

Braving knits... summer jersey pyjamas

I've always been just a little bit uneasy about sewing with knits. There's so many things to consider (needles, stitches, interfacing...) and so many ways in which things can go wrong. And to top it all off, my sewing machine seems to have a vendetta against knits. So what's changed to make me feel brave enough to give knits another go?...

Three things... better sewing machine, cheap cotton jersey and the celestial tee pattern. My machine is on its last legs so my mum has lent me hers. I found a UK online fabric retailer with free shipping and lots of great offers. And having purchased the Perfect Pattern Parcel, the celestial tee pattern gave me that final push.

So... to ease myself in, some pjs for the Little Lady.


This super-soft cotton jersey was a bargain at only £3.99! I used the KID shorts pattern, lengthening the shorts just a little. For the top I used the celestial tee pattern, but altered the bottom hemline, creating a simple curve for both the front and back.


My mum's machine doesn't have a twin needle, so I opted to hem using one of the stretch stitches. It's not perfect but does the job and looks just fine.

Now we just need some warmer nights to go with the warmer days that we've been treated to recently!

No comments:

Post a Comment