Sunday, 27 April 2014

More little Emily Cardis - Preemi cardi charity knits

Having got to grips with the scottie dog knit pattern for Little Miss' latest cardi (here), I tried it out on a little Emily Cardigan and I just love it!


When I designed the Emily Cardi, I thought very carefully about the needs of tiny babies and what would be most comfortable for them. The flat stocking stitch and minimal seams are a must for such fragile babies; any tiny lumps and bumps in the cardi would be felt and likely be uncomfortable.  So I have been reluctant to fancy  these cardis up with different/textured stitches. Colourwork didn't cross my mind until the scottie dog cardi, but it is perfect! So here are a few more scottie dog Emily Cardis.


These are knit in 3-ply or 4-ply on 3mm neddles. They measure 9.5-10" around the chest and Katie at the Emily's Star charity has assured me that they will be the perfect size for their Emily's Gift Neonatal Boxes put together for the smallest preemies.

You can find the free Emily Cardi pattern here. And why not visit the Emily's Star website to find out about all the wonderful things that this great charity does to support children with complex needs, and their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment