Tuesday, 15 April 2014

KCW - September Tunic and Hosh Pants

This is my last KCW sewing project - a September Tunic from the Perfect Pattern Parcel.


The fabric came from an old men's oxford shirt that was in my refashion pile. I was a little short of fabric, so I made each sleeve out of two panels. Rather than have a plain seam down the sleeve, I made it into a feature with contrasting piping. I used the same fabric to line the bodice; the oxford fabric was quite thin and flimsy so I felt it needed the added structure of lining. I used the same floral fabric as I had used on the Hosh capris that I made earlier in the week, so they could be easily paired up.



As I had lined the bodice (and don't have a serger), I opted for a concealed seam. This altered my construction slightly and I only added buttons to the bodice part. The jury is still out on whether this was a good decision...


In all these photos, the capris look a little long... they are I fact the perfect length, but needed the waistband adjusting to stop them sliding down (loving the adjustable waist on the Hosh Pants!)

No comments:

Post a Comment