Thursday, 10 April 2014

KCW Days 3 & 4 - A Hanami Top

This week I invested in the Perfect Pattern Parcel. I have had my eye on a few of the patterns for a while and this package presents so many outfit opportunities that I just couldn't resist!

I spent day 3 of KCW printing out and filing patterns.  I also traced out the size 4 Hanami top pattern. I had planned to be adventurous and go for the crossed back and tulip sleeves, two things I've not tried before, but I only had half a metre of apprpriate fabric in my stash, so I settled on the fluttter sleeves and zipper back.


 
 
















However, lacking the right length zipper (and the local store being out of stock) I had to get creative with the back closure... rouleau loops and buttons.




Although the bodice is very similar to a lot of the dresses I have made recently, I really like the finished top. I'm thinking that I may pair it with some plum coloured Hosh Pants... I just need to find the right fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment