Wednesday, 16 April 2014

A scottie dog cardi for the Little Miss and a teeny tiny Emily Cardi

A little while back I indulged in the Sirdar pattern book 'Little Brits in Spiffing Knits'. The little lady is now wearing aged 4 clothes and many of my baby pattern books don't go up past age 3. This book has a mixture of boys' and girls' patterns from newborn to 7 years in DK, so its perfect for my two favourite little people (Little Miss' brother is 16 months old).

Little Miss flicked through the book and announced "I like this, but pink and white', and so this version of Scottie Dogs (design A, round neck) was born.



I used Debbie Bliss EcoBaby in shade 12047. It's 100% cotton, so perfect for wearing over spring and summer dresses. Its also machine washable, making it perfect for kidswear.

The little lady was overjoyed with her new cardi and insisted on wearing it immediately, despite the extraordinary early spring sunshine at the weekend.

 


These little doggies are so cute, although I suspect that they are actually Westies, not Scotties (being white, not black). So I couldn't resist incorporating the design into a preemie Emily Cardi for the charity Emily's Star.


This Emily Cardi is an extra small one, to fit a 1-3lb baby (up to 10" chest). I used a fine grey yarn from my stash and used 3mm needles. I have no idea what the yarn is but I suspect it's a 3 or 4ply, instead of the DK I advise in the pattern (for a 3-5lb baby).

No comments:

Post a Comment