Sunday, 23 March 2014

More shorts... optimism reigns!

Following last week's shorts sewing success (and ignoring the icy temps), I decided to plough on with the summer sewing and make a couple more pairs of KID shorts.


First up, some flat fronted navy stretch-twill with a floral pattern woven into the fabric. This fabric came from my refashion pile and was once a pair of poorly fitting skinny jeans that I picked up for less than a fiver in a sale, then never wore. With some clever cutting, I managed to incorporate the original back pockets to add a little detail. Super simple shorts,  but hopefully very versatile.

Next up, something for the boy...


Using upcycled denim from the refashion pile, these are flat fronted with bias-bound pockets. I made the binding myself from some scraps of cotton and added a band of the same fabric to the reverse, instead of hemming.



And here's a sneaky peak at those gorgeous, 'just started walking', squishy baby legs!...


No comments:

Post a Comment