Monday, 17 March 2014

Here comes the sun, dada-da-da...

I've had the Beatles song in my head all weekend and been enjoying, what appears to be, the start of spring. We had our first BBQ on Saturday and I finally walked to my parents and into town for the first time since moving here (the recent deluge if rain has had me giving in and jumping in the car).

So whilst the sun is shining I decided to get going on my neice and nephew's summer faves... SHORTS!



I used my favourite pattern, the KID shorts by Dana at MADE (available here). For the little guy I made the flat fronted version with pockets, in a bright and breezy seersucker. For my favourite girlie I refashioned an old skirt which was some kind of stretchy cotton-mix. Again I went for the flat front (reusing the orinal waistband with a layered trim on it), in the shorter girl's length and added some big white buttons to the front.

Fingers crossed the sun sticks around!


***Update***

We did have some sun today, but accompanied by clear blue skies and freezing winds! So the Little Miss modelled her new shorts with pink tights; when you are a three-year-old girl, pink goes with everything!



And our super-slim little guy has finally grown into his seersucker shorts...



No comments:

Post a Comment