Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Retro KID shorts

Not long ago a colleague gave me some fabric that she had been holding onto for years but never used. One of the pieces was a relatively heavy woven cotton fabric with a fruit and veg print. At the time I really didn't know what I would make from it, but I never turn down free fabric. But once I saw the KID short pattern from MADE by Dana I decided that the fabric would be perfect for a pair of little girl retro shorts for my niece.
 
KID shorts
 
 
I went for the flat-fronted version with front pockets and white piping. I lined the pockets with some purple polycotton which picks up the purple in the print.
 
My niece loves the shorts and chooses to wear them whenever they are clean. Unfortunately, she only owns a couple of t-shirts that don't clash with the colourful print, so some of her outfit choices are a little bit garish. But who cares when you are 2-and-a-half?!
 
KID shorts
 
 
KID shorts
KID shorts
 

1 comment:

  1. Oooh...I love, love, love that floral print! Your shorts turned out great!

    ReplyDelete