Friday, 26 July 2013

Autumn Knitting for the Little Lady

The biggest perk of being a teacher is the long summer holidays. And as I have just left one school and won't be starting at my new school until the end of August, this year I have a summer that is totally my own with no classroom prep to get done.
 
So to make the most of this time I plan on getting ahead on autumn/fall knitting and sewing for my niece and nephew and here is my latest project for the little lady...

Rowan Rapunzel Cardigan
 
 
The pattern is the Rapunzel cardigan from the issue 30 of Rowan Studio. I made the cardi in age 3 (rather than age 2) as the short sleeves will make it perfect for layering once the weather starts to cool, so a little extra room won't hurt. The yarn I used is Patons Fairytale Soft Double Knit in white.
 
Rowan Rapunzel CardiganThere are so many little details that I love about this pattern... the cute hearts and subtle lacework... the gentle gathering on the front centres just below the yolk band... the feminine moss stitch for the button bands and sleeve cuffs... it's just so pretty!
 
The pattern goes from birth right up to 5 years so I have a feeling a I will be making a few more of these as time goes on!
 
Rowan Rapunzel Cardigan

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, my name i Marìca, italian, Rome, i was looking for this pattern, it is quite difficult for me get it in Italy, do you think you can scan it and send it to me? i wuold like make it for my grand daughter 4 years old
    Thanks a lot
    Marìca
    cmzamperetti@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I dont have a scanner at the moment.

      Delete