Sunday, 30 June 2013

Thinking ahead to autumn

The little guy is growing so fast these days that I decided to get ahead of myself and knit him up some 12 month sized clothes for autumn and winter.
 
After a quick chat with his mummy we decided that a staple for his autumn wardrobe would have to be one my all time favourite knits - The Floyd knitted vest by Rowan from the Miniature Classics pattern book.
 
Rowan Floyd Vest
 
 
The little guy already has one these in a teal colour that I made in KCW and looks absolutely adorable in it. And with the rubbish British summer we have been having, it has had a good bit of wear. This time I made the vest using Patons Fab DK in Airforce. It's not the lushest of yarns but it knits up with quite a bit of give/stretch in it, which is a must with the rate at which this little guy grows!
 
Rowan Floyd Vest
 
 
This is such a simple pattern and incredibly quick to knit up and I love the classic features, such as the little faux front pocket and smart rib edgings.
 
 
 
 
 
Rowan Floyd Vest
 
 
 
And for a little touch of fun I added some novelty airplane buttons to the back closure.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I had just enough yarn left over to also make him a hat. And what better style to go with the classic vest than a little knitted peaked cap (Bergere de France, Tricot Baby, Magazine 513). 
 
Rowan Floyd Vest

2 comments:

  1. So adorable! I wish I could knit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Its never too late to learn a new skill!

    ReplyDelete