Monday, 15 April 2013

More Little Geraniums

I was so in love with the first Geranium Top that I made using Made by Rae's pattern that I just had to make a few more. And since I was visiting my favourite cousin and her gorgeous 13 month old daughter at the weekend, I had the perfect excuse.


Geranium Top

Geranium Top

I made one geranium top using the very last piece of my favourite girlie seersucker in lilac. It has pink, peach and white stripes going down in one direction and darker lilac ones going across the other direction and it is oh so soft. I made this top with a gathered skirt and flutter sleeves and the plain neckline. Because this little girl is quite petit and I was making the top rather than the dress, I decided not to cut the skirt pieces as wide as stated in the pattern and to have less gathers. I also had to make a change to the length, simply because the piece of fabric I had left did not allow for as much length as the pattern states. I made the hem as narrow as possible and with the little girl being at the younger end of the age range, this wasn't too big a problem. I used white plastic snaps for the back closure, to make dressing a wriggly little one easier.
 
 
Geranium TopGeranium Top

Geranium Top

I also had enough of the dark pink butterfly fabric left to make one more gernaium top, so I made a second top in 18-24 months to grown into. For this top I chose the pleated skirt, no sleeves and the notched neckline. I also used plastic snaps for the back closure on this one.
 
Geranium TopGeranium Top

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Geranium Top
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment