Saturday, 30 March 2013

Top to Toes

Being a teacher I love any excuse to buy my niece and nephew books, so for Easter this year they got a new book each. But like most toddlers, my niece is a big chocolate fan so I have also bought her a little chocolate treat. The little guy is still too young for chocolate and not wanting to leave him out, I have made him some cute little shoes (using the fab pattern and tutorial over at Shwin and Shwin). I used some left-over leopard print fleece for the lining to make them super snuggly for this awful freezing weather. The main fabric is a grey-brown corduroy... I just love little guys in corduroy!
 
 
 
 
I have used this pattern a couple of times and am a little bit in love with the shoes. So are a lot of my friends, so whilst I was whizzing up the boy shoes (in 6-12 month size), I also made a pair of cute bright pink girlie ones (in 0-3 months) for a friend. For the girly ones I used hot pink fleece and some left-over scraps of Happy Dots from Midwest Modern by Amy Butler. I used the fleece for the outer uppers and for the sole lining, and used the cotton print for the upper linings and outer soles. I added some bright yellow coordinating snaps to break up the block of hot pink uppers.
 
 
 
 
And since the weather looks to stay frosty for a while yet, I also made a little coordinating hat for the baby girl to make sure she is toasty and warm from top to toes.
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment