Monday, 18 March 2013

Toddler Girl Cardigan

As promised (quite a while ago) here is a photo of the cardi I made for my favourite little lady. It was made to her mummy's request, which was that it be very simple and v-necked so that she can wear it over her long and short sleeved t-shirts during the cool spring weather.
 
I went for a deep colour because my niece is very fair and tends to look washed out in pastels. I used the rainbow effect yarn for most of the rib to fancy it up, as stocking stitch in one colour can be very boring. I didn't use the rainbow yarn for the button band though, as I felt it would be too much... instead I used the yarn to stitch a trim along the edge. As an extra fun little detail I used four different coloured buttons, picking up the tones from the rainbow yarn.



The pattern is a Bergere de France cardigan from booklet no 156. It is actually a boy's style, but I switched the buttonholes over to make it for a girl. I used Paton Smoothie yarn (Deep Magenta and Lilac Mix) because I love the way it knits ups (and it was on offer in HobbyCraft a little while back!).

No comments:

Post a Comment