Saturday, 2 March 2013

Hearts for the little girl in my life

Since the arrival of my nephew I have been busy rustling up some bits and pieces for him. But not wanting my gorgeous niece to feel left out, this weekend is dedicated to crafting for her. My sister-in-law has requested a new cardigan for her, so that knitting project is in the making - Watch this space...



I also decided to get on with a quick refashion project I have had in mind for a while. The fabric came from a top that I bought a couple of years back because I loved the heart print and coordinating piping. Unfortunately, the fit just isn't quite right for me, so I have never worn it out.
 
 
 
 
Although the weather here is still pretty chilly, this fabric just screams summer to me, so the top has now become a dress. I did my best to incoroprate as much of the original coordinating green piping as possible as I think it really makes the fabric pattern pop!
 
 
 
The front bodice has some gathering and a pleat at each side, to add some texture (and as is often the case with refashioning, I had to get creative to make the parts I wanted to use fit together well).
 
 




Since we are a little way off summer dress weather, and this style doesn't really lend itself to being worn over a long sleeved tee, I have made the dress with plenty of room to grow into. Hopefully the little lady will like it, despite the unusual colour combination... Luckily she is not quite at the phase where she is asserting preferences about clothes (other than that she would often prefer to run around in just a nappy!).

No comments:

Post a Comment