Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Spring Jacket

Since the little man has been doing lots of growing I decided to get going on a spring jacket for him.



I decided to go with a Sirdar pattern in their Baby Knits (316) booklet. It combines chunky cables and a broken rib to create a lovely boyish style.




The pattern calls for Sirdar Snuggly DK but I used Patons Smoothie DK in a petrol blue/ dark teal colour (colour 01058). I love the  finished look you get with this yarn and and it is so smooth and easy to knit with.
 
The pattern also suggests using Sirdar Funky Fur for the collar (knitted in stocking stitch), but I wasn't so keen on this look and gave it a miss. Instead, I continued the rib from the upper body of the jacket. There is also a variation with a ribbed hood, but I  made the little man a hooded top recently, so decided to go for the collar this time (plus it takes less time and yarn to knit a collar - Not that I am at all lazy!).



No comments:

Post a Comment