Monday, 19 November 2012

A couple of quickie projects

Life and work are quite hectic at the moment so I haven't had much time for sewing, but I have pulled together a couple of quickie projects.
 
The first was an idea that had been bouncing around in my head for a while as a way of using up some small-ish pieces of navy and pink fleece left over from other projects. The plan was to make a sweatshirt type top that could be layered up as the weather cools, but to make it girlie. Being pushed for time (and feeling a little lazy) I decided to use a bodice piece from a book of patterns I have. The pattern is supposedly 12 month sized, but it looked pretty big. Anyhow, I know quite a few little ladies between the ages of 10 months and 2 years, so figured whatever size the top came out at, I'd be able to find it a home. And here it is...





The second was a speedy little embellishment project for my niece and her soon to arrive baby brother. The little man is due to make his appearance sometime between Christmas and New Year so short sleeves are not exactly practical, but hey-ho, it's all about the novelty cute-factor, not practicality...



1 comment:

  1. So lovely...they are going to be the best dressed brother and sister around!

    ReplyDelete