Monday, 15 October 2012

Fleece Pram-Suit


It’s been a while since I’ve been able to get stuck into an exciting project... my time and energy have been swallowed up by building work and ‘work’ work. I have had a project whirling around in my head for a couple of weeks though, sparked by picking up a huge navy blue fleece throw/ blanket at B&Q for the bargain price of £2.99 (I was meant to be buying masonry paint and tile adhesive, but couldn’t resist looking at the home furnishings too)!

So with my first nephew due to make his arrival in the world some time between Christmas and the New Year when it is likely to be freezing here, I figured that the fleece would be perfect for a little baby coat or pram-suit.
 

 



 




I dug through my stash to find something for the lining and found some lovely silky navy and white patterned fabric (that in a past life was a skirt I think) and there was enough of it make a whole pram-suit rather than just a jacket.
 
 
I wasn’t really sure where to start, but had a browse on sewset and came across a nice pattern for a baby sleep sack over at Running with Scissors. I used this as a starting point and with a little fiddling and adjusting got to a pattern for a pram suit.

Most of the fiddly bits to do with the wrap over, zip, attaching lining and making buckle holes (for the buggy/ car set) I figured out as I went along, and for this reason I’m afraid I cannot give you a tutorial. I’m also pretty sure that there are better ways of doing many of these things (I do have a tendency to wing-it and don’t always do things in the most methodical and practical of ways).



All that's left to do now is make a little hat and mittens to match.
 
 
 


 

 
 
And here's the mittens and hat...
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment