Friday, 28 September 2012

Craving Crafting!

This is just a quick post to let you all know I haven't disappeared... Life has just been a little manic over the past month.

First off it was back to school at the start of the month (In case I haven't mentioned it before, I'm a special needs teacher) so the first few weeks were crazy with new class, new team and lots of settling in for everyone.

On top of all that the past two weeks of my life have been dominated by building work. I bought my house nearly 4 years ago and have finally saved enough pennies to get on with some major projects. My house was built in 1907 so when I say major, I mean major.

First on the list was to sort out a big rising damp problem in the utility room and downstairs toilet. Then replastering, replumbing and redesigning.

And since the back end of the house was already mess with all the building dust etc. I decided to get rid of the biggest eyesore I inherited when I bought the house... Turquoise kitchen worktops and mosaic tiles (paired up with yellow kitchen cabinet doors)!. They are being replaced with stylish dark worktops and neutral tiles.

The house being so old, each step of the project has revealed new problems... crumbling plaster, old unsafe wiring and holes in the roof to name just a few, but....

The builders assure me we are nearly there and by the middle of next week they will be done. So fingers crossed that by next weekend my house will be back in order and I can get back to crafting. In the meantime I'll leave you with some project pics...














Finished utility toom (minus kick boards and trims)

No comments:

Post a Comment