Sunday, 12 August 2012

Snugglies

It may have seemed quiet at Ribbons and Bibbons this week, but I have been on a crafting frenzy, meaning no time for blogging.

This month one of my goddaughter's had her 2nd birthday. Her little brother also had his first birthday and her big brother will be celebrating his 3rd birthday. And tomorrow is their birthday party! So for the past couple of weeks I have been working on some special birthday presents for them.

Some of you may remember my Quilt Roundup where I shared some photos of quilts I made for these three lovely children back at Christmas. Their mum loved the quilts so much that she made a request for smaller, lighter quilts for the buggy and car.

A while back I bought a bundle of Cloud 9 Monsterz fabric and luckily I had quite a few pieces left. The colours and patterns are just perfect for kids snugglies, and it's 100% organic cotton. As I was limited time-wise I went for a very simple design with a fairly large centre panel surrounded by squares. To quilt, I used a zigzag pattern, wth straight diagonal lines through each square. I also added a monogram of each child's initial to their quilt (for the personal touch, and also to add stability to the centre panel).

So here they are...













No comments:

Post a Comment