Sunday, 19 August 2012

Clickety Clack!

Although it is summer and we do finally have some sunshine, I am thinking ahead to the autumn and have been knitting away.

Here's this week's projects...
'Baby Wrap Cardigan' from
'Cool Knits for Kids'
(Gunn & MacDonald)
'Sunshine' from
Rowan 'Miniature Classics'














The Baby Wrap Cardigan is for a friend's little girl. She wanted this cardi in size 6-9 months, but the book strangely only has guidance for 3-6 and 12-18 months. The pattern called for chunky weight yarn, so playing around a little bit, I found that using Sirdar Calico DK on 4mm needles and following guidance for the 12-18 months resulted in a cardi that would fit a 6-12 month old.


Having listened to feedback from my sister-in-law about cardigans with ties and how they are fiddly and come undone a lot, I decided to replace the ribbon tie with a big pretty button.



The Sunshine sweater is a project that I have had on the go for a while, having picked up a few balls of Sirdar Snuggly White Whispers at a bargain price. The sleeves are in a very very pale pearlescent turquoise. The body has wide pearly white and narrower turquoise stripes.


The intended wearer is currently still residing in its Mummy's tummy, so I have been waiting to find out the gender before finishing off the button bands and adding buttons. And on Thursday I found out that for Christmas this year I will be getting a baby nephew,  so I set about getting the sweater finished.


So watch this space for more baby boy projects!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...........!!!Thanks for sharing,would love to try for my niece who is just 7 months old.
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to let me know how you get on if you do

    ReplyDelete