Friday, 31 August 2012

Bring on the BLUE!

A couple of weeks ago, after hearing the news that my brother and sister-in-law's second baby (due at Christmas) is a little boy, I promised some boy projects. Since then a very good friend asked for some hand-made clothes for her daughter as her christening present and so I have been on a deadline with baby girl clothes. But I haven't forgotton my promise, and after nearly two years of working in girlie colours, I have been chomping at the bit to get my teeth sunk into some boy creations. So here is the first...


These are the 'Washday Blues' trousers from the book Making Baby's Clothes (Rob Merrett). Strangely, the photos in the book show the top pockets on the front, but the instructions say to place them on the seat of the trousers. I liked the look in the photos so went with front pockets, but I suppose they would be cute either way. I made the size 0-3 months, but they are quite big... I have found that the sizes in this book are definitely on the generous size. It's not a problem though as, having conquered my fear of buttonholes when making all the pockets for these trousers, I added buttonholes to the elastic so the waist is adjustable. And... the fabric is a gorgeous cotton seersucker, which being a woven fabric it is doublesided, so the legs can be rolled up and still look really smart. So the little dude should get lots of wear out these.
 
Keep following for more baby boy projects coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment