Sunday, 22 July 2012

Polka Dots and Bows

A while back I made some shorts with a paper-bag style waistband to them and really liked the effect.


I wanted to make a skirt with a similar type of waistband. However, my niece is still in nappies so skirts also need knickers (nobody wants to be a walking Pampers advert and surely it's good to instill modesty at an early age). I was worried that having an elasticated waistband on the knickers with the paper-bag waist on the skirt would be too bulky, so I decided to try and roll the two projects into one. The finished product is a layercake-style skirt with paper-bag waistband with built-in knickers. And here it is...

Front

Front




Back

Back

2 comments:

  1. Wow.....awesome!!! What a great idea,sure i would love to try this for my niece.Thanks for sharing.
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. You'll have to let me know how you get on!
      Jo

      Delete