Friday, 20 July 2012

Big Bows

Having spotted a few very cute tops and dresses sporting big bows this spring, I decided I really wanted to make one. However, unable to find a suitable pattern or tutorial out there I was forced to have a go from scratch.

I started out with a a pattern piece for a dress bodice that I already had in my stash and drafted out what I though was a pattern that would work. Inevitably, and in my usual style, this became a project through which I would learn many things... all of which learned through mistakes. Needless to say, this top was stitched and ripped out many times before I felt it worthy enough to be gifted to my friend for her gorgeous baby girl.






















It doesn't quite match the picture I had in my mind, but now that I've seen it modelled by a gorgeous little girl I'm more than happy with it. And for those of you who are interested, the precious little lady modelling the top is Milly (aka 'Minion 6') from http://miniongarden.blogspot.co.uk.

2 comments: