Saturday, 2 June 2012

Refashioning Time

So my mum has been clearing out her wardrobe, which means I have a huge pile of clothes available to refashion into cute outfits for my 18 month old niece. It's also half-term break so I have a whole week off to spend sewing. The big question now is - What to make first?

I love the 'skirt to dress refashion tutorial'  and the the 'playdate dress tutorial' over at Craftiness is not Optional, so might start there methinks. Jess shares some great tutorials and lots of them are based around a US size 2T which fits our little lady pretty well - Bonus!


UPDATE
I decided to give the 'skirt to dress refashion tutorial' a go and I am pretty pleased with the results... and I think it will look even better on as it's one of those styles that looks a bit rubbish on a hanger and needs a body inside it. The tutorial is really easy to follow and the project took me less than an hour from start to finish!

This is the skirt I started out with...


And here's the dress...


Watch this space for a photo of my niece wearing the dress (though sunny days once again seem few and far between in the UK and my niece rarely stands still long enough for photos!)...