Friday, 8 June 2012

Even more refashioning

Yesterday I indulged in a bit more refashioning... it is half-term after all and what better way to relax and unwind then by letting the creative juices flow. Unfortunately I forgot to take photos of the original clothes so you will have to use your imaginations, but you will get a peek at the finished products.

I have been looking for something suitable for making the Playdate Dress over at craftinessisnotoptional.com for a while and yesterday stumbled across a long sleeved t-shirt with a cute pattern and some embellishments round the neckline that I thought would work well. With some clever pattern placement I managed to include most of the lovely pattern on the front of the finished dress. I had to wing it a bit when it came to the sleeves. The tutorial and pattern use short flutter-type sleeves. However, taking into account the current grey and miserable weather, I wanted long sleeves and since I had plenty of fabric in the original top's sleeves decided to give it a go. I undid the sleeve seams and attached the sleeves in the same way as shown in the tutorial. Then stitched the skirt side seams and sleeve seams in one go. It looks like it's worked out ok... the proof will be in the wearing though. It looks quite wide (I think that has something to do with the sleeve) but my niece is still in the squidgy toddler phase and is always on the go, so a bit of extra room probably isn't a bad thing. What do you think?


I also took a couple of old vest-tops and refashioned them into knickers/diaper covers for my neice. Daring to be a little optimistic, if summer ever does really arrive, she might soon be able to ditch the tights. And I think there's nothing cuter than a pair of knickers poking out from under a skirt... well it's definitely cuter than a pampers or huggies logo!



No comments:

Post a Comment